Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Praise Through It All

This week someone at work mentioned that another co-worker said I have a large amount of patience. Apparently at the time of that conversation I texted to share a positive about a situation. Timely as she then shared that, "Yes, and she can find the positive through it all."

Or something along those lines. I didn't plan to share about the conversation, but that's the gist of what was said. 

I think about that conversation as I share 3 more songs today and tie them together. These are songs that will be sung at church tomorrow as we worship together. I think of that conversation, because the words in some of the songs have to do with praising Him even in the lowest valley. 

You see I've always been one to see the positive, to find the good. Although I don't always do that for myself. Something I'm definitely working on though. But I do, I look for the positive even when the negative is abounding. This approach most certainly helped me in my early years with Bradley and his diet became more and more restricted. If I looked at all he couldn't have, live would have been hard. Instead the focus was on what he could have. And even when all that was taken away, it became a praise that we had access to a specialized formula and a feeding tube to nourish his body. I got my baby boy back. Why wouldn't I praise that? 



1 Thesssalonians 5:18 reminds us to give thanks in ALL circumstances. But do we do this? Is it your first thought to praise Him when you are in the lowest valley just like you praise Him when you are on top of the mountain? 

I've learned that it is so much more peaceful and reassuring when I turn to God no matter the circumstances, no matter how heave my heart might be. You see when He is put first all other things melt away. He never fails me, He never shows up late, and He will always work things out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. He works all things out (see Romans 8:28) I have clung to this verse since I was 15 years old and it has never failed me. 

Song number 1 that helps us remember this: "Yes I Will" by Vertical Worship



Sometimes even though we may give thanks to Him through it all, we struggle from time to time and feel like we keep messing up. We feel like there are times we are constantly calling on Him, we are constantly feeling like we've failed Him in some way. 

BUT GOD....

He gives us grace that surpasses anything we can imagine. We can call on Him anytime from anywhere. He's with us through it all. It's okay to call out to Him that we need Him. It's okay to admit we've screwed up. His word promises us that He will never leave nor forsake us. His grace is sufficient and as this next song says His forgiveness is like sweet, sweet honey. It's the sound of a symphony. It's like Holy Water on our skin. 

YES! His grace is all this and more. And as much as we call that we don't want to abuse His grace, I don't think He sees it that way. I think He sees His child coming to Him. Think about it, as a parent, don't we love when our children come to us instead of turning to the world? So why wouldn't our Father in Heaven feel the same way? 

And if I'm being honest, when we are seeking Him first, staying in His word, communing with Him, then it becomes easier and easier for us...or at least for me...to fall into His grace and start changing in ways that cause us (me) to not keep repeating the same things over and over. And if we (I) slip up, He doesn't turn us away. He doesn't kick us out of His family. I am ADOPTED! I am CHOSEN! I am HIS CHILD. So are you.

Song number 2 is "Holy Water" by We the Kingdom. It reminds us that despite the road we are walking, we can turn to Him...it's okay to admit we need Him everyday. As a matter of fact, He prefers that we rely on Him and not on our own strength or abilities. 


And as we fall into that grace and constantly sing praise to Him even in the lowest of valleys, we are reminded that His Name....is beautiful, wonderful, and powerful. He was the Word..yes...Jesus was there from the very beginning. Yes, Jesus came to earth to save us. He took on all our shame, our sin, our wounds. He took it all on Himself and because of this we are FREE. We are free from sin, we are healed, we are His. Because of this I will sing of how beautiful, wonderful, and powerful His name is. How about you? 

Final song for this post: "What a Beautiful Name" by Hillsong Worship.


No comments:

Post a Comment