Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

$6 (and some change) Later

As I went about day two of cleaning (and I don't just mean the basics, I mean clean walls, floors, etc. in operation work on lowering kittie dander), I did the owe so popular in today's time, let the TV "babysit" Bradley. Tori was napping and I wanted to try to finish the living room and get the hall done. Bradley "helped" yesterday, but today he didn't want to get his booboos wet. So Sesame Street and Word World here we come.

As Bradley settled in and got excited about /o/ O. I went about moving onto the hallway. Now the hall needs some TLC. Not sure what went wrong when we panted it 5 years ago, but all around the top the paint is cracked and flaking. Been that way for 5 years. I decided to scrape what I could down and then I hear. "Mommy, I want McDonalds!"

Would you know it, I applaud Noggin because they don't have commercials to plant ideas into my little ones' heads like PBS does. So every so often I would here the McDonalds request. Then it became, "Mommy, I'm so hungry."

Now being that we've been couped up in the house since Monday, I told Bradley if he could continue to be good, as soon as I finished the hall I would shower and we could go to McDonalds. And for those of you who know me, the only thing half way decent about McD's is their Sweet Tea. So me taking the kids to McDs is rare and a treat.

About 1 1/2 hours later, yeah, I'm teaching Bradley patience, we arrived at McDs. Due to the weather being so hot and my kids can't be in the heat, I opted for the one indoors. Got out meal, spotted a table in the play area, took 3 trips back and forth to put down food, get drinks, put down drinks, drag high chair....you get the picture.

Finally we're all settled and started eating, when the manager comes in with a customer. The customer had found a hole/rip/tear/something in the netting at the top where the kids crawl through. And you guessed it...."Parents, I need everyone to get their kids off the equipment, we have to shut down the playground."

Thank God we were still able to sit at our table. So I endured oh so delicious McD's food (dripping with sarcasm here) to simply look at the indoor playground. So six dollars and some change later, we're all home and the kiddos are napping.

My next idea.....we need a public indoor playground like at McDonalds. Yes, we have things like Leapin' Lizards, Monkey Business, and Monkey Joes, but not a playground. Of course if I had the money we'd buy a place with a lot of land, build an indoor playground and have a blast. And for those wondering how my 3 year old Bradley took it.....AMAZINGLY. Not one tear, no whining, nothing, he simply listened to why we couldn't play, ate almost all his food (another amazing thing), and left wanting only to hold my hand and carry my drink with the other. I am Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment