Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Where is God?

As I read and prepare for leading a group at church each week, I learn so much and discover all sorts of questions to really get us thinking.

One challenge I've read about recently is to ask everyone to really pay attention to when they have seen God during week. The idea is to start your sessions with a focus on where you have seen God instead of simply talking about how our week has been. If we are to really, truly put God first, shouldn't that be who we talk about seeing from the past week.

In preparing for tomorrow nights session and thinking to myself about where I personally have seen God at work for the past week, I am simply blown away at where I've seen him at work in just the past seven hours.

Years ago I would have to take Bradley in for blood work once in a while at Lab Corp. Amazingly the same ladies are still working there although I doubt they remember Bradley from all those years ago. Recently, because of being placed on methotrexate, Bradley has started getting regular blood work done because we have to keep an eye on certain counts. Two weeks ago we got started and boy was it hard. The ladies there were absolutely patient and wonderful with us as he ran a few times.

Today, was one of those days that I wasn't quite able to put on my shield of armor to do the tough mom job. It was hard to keep from getting misty eyed. Partly because it gets hard at time to keep doing what has to be done and partly because I knew God was at work. He has given us some wonderfully patient ladies to see every two weeks for this blood work. If they ever thought in the back of their minds, "Oh no, here he is again." they never let on. As Bradley ran the second time today and we waited for him to return from the bathroom where he had gone to, I profusely thanked the ladies as I'm quite sure they are probably not thanked enough. Trust me I know of at least one patient and her friend sitting in the lobby at that very moment that had done nothing but complain about the ladies who were working.

Tonight I was once again able to see God at work. I won't lie, I didn't really want to go to the school talent show. I just wanted an evening off. But at 6:30 I found myself seated in the 4th row with Bradley ready for the show to begin. There was a variety of talent, but where God's light was shining was through the choices of songs the students performed to. I am blessed beyond measure to work in a district and a school where prayer is still said and we don't let the mention of God in a program throw us into a tizzy. So tonight mixed in with Shakira, Celine Dion, High School Musical songs, Justin Beiber and many others we got to hear vocal performances and enjoy interpretive dance to the likes of Break Every Chain, Jesus Take the Wheel, Shout to the Lord, God's Got It, and many many more.

It is yet again through the children. They do not fear sharing the Lord out in public and it was proven once again tonight as each one got up to perform and in their own way share about God. So what keeps stopping us as adults from following Jesus command to us to follow him and go out and make disciples? Be fishers of men?

My challenge to myself and to anyone reading this: Stop, reflect, where have you seen God at work in the past hour? Day? Week? He's there we just have to open our eyes and ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment