Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Bouncing off the Walls

There are so many cute stories I want to share, but I've got one final paper due in a couple of hours and need to finish typing and proofing it. Before I do, I had to share our dinner conversation:

I was having Taco Bell and Bradley joined me and I don't just mean he came into the room or that he sat by me, but he was sitting on my lap taking my food and drink. Since he'd been bouncing off the walls all day, I decided I better hold the cup of Pepsi...yes, it says Pepsi, Dr. Pepper wasn't on sale anywhere I went for a price I would pay ($2 for a 2 liter, $4.50 for 12 cans...no thanks!). Of course Mr. Independent, don't do anything for me complains:

"No, mommy, move your hand."

To which I reply, "I'm holding it because you've been bouncing off the walls today and I don't want Pepsi all over the floor."

"I'm sorry. I won't spill it. See?" as he proceeds to carefully lean over and drink out of the straw.

A few minutes later I grab the cup to get a drink myself and we start over again with, "Mommy you don't need to hold it."

"I'm getting a drink right now."

"But mommy," and then the soft pitiful voice with the large puppy dog eyes, "I said I'm sorry for bouncing off the walls."

Ah, what's not to love about this absolutely cute, sweet, caring, most fabulous little boy. It's no wonder people have a hard time telling him no.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha! Jenna has done similar things! She'll say "I said I was sorry, momma" lol.
    so sweet! We all love that sweet little Bradley of yours, we are so proud to call him our nephew!
    love you sis!

    ReplyDelete