Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

No time to chat

I don't really have time to write at this moment as I'm behind in my school work...both doctorate and lesson plans, but I felt it necessary to give a quick update because so many ask and are keeping Bradley in their prayers.

For those of you that have seen him lately you know we are now wrapping his entire arm and instead of just his hand, thumb, and forefinger, we are now wrapping each finger on both hands individually. This past weekend was especially rough for him with itching...He pulled his wrappings off his hands 3 times Sunday.

He's back to having some deep areas on his right ankle and knee and the spot on the back of his left thigh is now the size of a quarter...it had gone down to the size of an eraser tip.

Now not to let everyone think I'm totally ignoring Tori Brooke...she needs your prayers too. We've known for a while that she too has eczema and a possibly milk allergy, but her skin is nowhere near as bad at 10 months as Bradley's was at 10 months. So pray she continues to only have it mildly. We did however find out this weekend that she is allergic to peanuts. She had a small bite of a cracker that had a thin layer of peanut butter on it and within seconds her face on one side was swollen, she was tearing at her hands, and she had hives along her stomach, back, neck, and head. Luckily no breathing problems and Benadryl did keep everything under control.

The scary thing is I know how thin my parents spread peanut butter on stuff....less than paper thin...and how much I gop peanut butter on things. What if I had been the one to give her a taste? Afterall this reaction was to only a small minute amount.

More to come later. Thanks for all your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandi,

    Thanks for reading my blog. You write and put it out there and you never know who - if anyone - will read. A message in a bottle right? I just read all of yours as well. I love your positive spirit. Your family is blessed. You go to USC? What do you teach? What is your research about? I hope all is well.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete