Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Telling Secrets

On our way to the hospital for Bradley's EEG today, I heard, "Mommy, look Christmas lights."

He had seen one of the many crosses that was decorated with white lights and a circle of red lights at the top.

"You're right baby, but they are not for Christmas. They are representing when Jesus died on the cross for us. When he was killed. But you know what God knew that was going to happen and Jesus died for us. He died so that we could tell him "I know not what I do, but I believe in you and ask you to come into my heart and forgive me."

Trying to keep it simple but to tell the truth.

The next thing I know Bradley's telling me, "I like God."

"I'm so glad you do."

"I talk to him," said Bradley.

"I know we talk to him when we pray."

And then he started telling me that he talked to Jesus and Jesus talked to him.

"What did he tell you?" I asked.

"He said I can't tell, it's a secret."

"It's a secret?"

"Yeah," Bradley said.

"Well did he talk about you getting better?"

Excitedly Bradley said, "Yes, he said he's going to make my feet better."

Confused I asked "Your feet?"

"Yeah, he's going to make my feet all better."

"Okay, anything else? Is Jesus going to make anything else better?"

"My boo boos."

"I'm so glad he's going to take care of your boo boos too."

And then the conversation sort of waned as Bradley's attention was drawn to the river below as we crossed over the bridge into downtown.

I'm still a little confused about the feet comment. I know in the past Bradley's struggled with eczema covering his toes, tops of feet, etc. but this recent break out has only affected his ankles. And let me tell you Bradley is quick to let me know those are his ankles and NOT his feet if I say anything about his feet. Now he did complain a few times last week about his feet. The closest Mark and I could get him to explain was there's a lady bug inside poking him. (And yes, I shared that with his doctor).

I'm not exactly sure when Bradley talks to Jesus (other than when we pray together) and I definitely don't know when Jesus talks to him, but I do believe Jesus has spoken with Bradley. For one thing, I believe Jesus talks to us all, we just have to be open to hearing him. And for another, I don't think Bradley would be making this up. Finally, given the fact that I prayed last night for God to meet Bradley's needs because He knows Bradley's heart better than I do, it is too much of a coincidence that Bradley told me about his secret from Jesus.

I also know it may have been wrong for me to push Bradley to tell me this secret and for that I am sorry Lord.

God, thank you for providing Bradley with what he needs. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment