Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Decorations Were Strewn All Over the Floor

It was quiet. Too quiet. What were they up to?

As I put down the pajama top and went to open the door I found it locked.

"You better open the door. NOW!" I yelled.

"Come in!" giggled a little boy.

"You better unlock the door and I mean NOW!"

I heard some rummaging and finally a click. The door opened and I found Bradley's beaming face staring up at me. Tori was in the middle of the room pulling diapers out of a bag she had found.

"Welcome to our party Mommy. See look we decorated," Bradley said as he swept his hands around to indicate the decorating he was referring to.

"See I did that part," he explained as he pointed to the floor. In front of the book shelf, the baskets of books had not only been taken off the shelf, they were out of the baskets, covering the floor like a new carpet.

"And see over there. That's where Tori decorated." Bradley proceeded to point to the kitchen set. Sure enough, the decorations of plastic bread, lettuce, donuts, and any number of other plastic food along with play plates, cups, and utensils blanketed the other half of the room.

One more reason to why parenting is one of the toughest jobs in the world. How do you get mad and upset for such a creative description of the room that I perceived to be a mess? The laughter in my head was hard to contain, but I managed.

As always, daddy had perfect timing for getting home. The kids rushed to him and I went back to the laundry. Some of Tori's decorations still adorn the floor, but the books managed to find their way back into baskets....even if they were put in there haphazardly.

No comments:

Post a Comment