Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tori's 1st Live Band: Jump Start

At the hint of a musical note, she begins tapping her foot, raising her hands, or rocking her head from side to side. That's my Tori. And to watch her fills my heart with so much joy that words cannot express.

From the day I realized Tori's room had to be ballerina bears, I knew she was going to be my dancer. Little did I know how natural it was going to come. Now I know many babies do that cute baby dance thing and yeah, I may be bias, but hey I'm her mom. I have a right to be. And if you ever get to see her live....because for some reason she knows when I'm trying to video....you could tell that she really focuses on the beat. If you look in her eyes, you can almost see the wheels turning. She'll start dancing, then stop....listen, then start again sometimes adjusting her dance moves to better match the beat. It's quite interesting to watch.

Last night Tori and I went out to eat with my parents. Fortunately a band was playing so an unplanned first, or rather many unplanned firsts, happened.

After we ordered our food, Tori was taking notice of the sound check. Tapping her hand to the table, nodding her head. Then they got started. Nana, being a lover of live music, got her and took her to the side with the band.

As I watched I could tell she was working on warming up, but was a little unsure. She stayed in Nana's arms. I would see that arm raise in the air and could tell many patrons on that side were talking about Tori. If only they knew what the night would bring.




Nana and Tori returned in time for the food to be brought to our table. But even food couldn't keep my Tori still. So I did what I normally don't allow....I took her out and let her sit in my lap to eat. She moved her body, ate her fries and hot dog, but just couldn't get still.

Then came....The Electric Slide. So not only was Tori seeing her first live band, she got to dance her first line dance.




We finished eating, and Nana returned to the band area. By now Tori was ready. She got out there and boogied.
But wouldn't you know, my daughter.....the one I already know is going to give me a run for my money....was infatuated with the guitarist. Now the female singer kept her attention getting her to do some dance moves, but it was the guitarist she made ga ga eyes at.
Which leads to yet another first....Tori got her first guitar pic. After one of the songs, the guitarist handed it to Nana telling her that "He may not understand it now, but one day." At that moment the band had to mess with him and explain that she's a girl...that's what the pink on her shoes is for.




**Sorry, sideways video, I could only rotate it at www.dropshots.com/ladypiper


As we headed back to Nana and Grandpop's I really thought she would fall asleep, but she kept right on dancing in her carseat. It was definitely a night to remember.

1 comment:

  1. awww, that's so sweet! Jenna and Lexie are the same way - must be a girl trait for the family! Jenna is more-so like that though- she was constantly shaking her bottom and dancing around on the ultrasound, and to this day her favorite thing to do is dance. She was so excited when she got to learn a few ballet positions (first, second, and third) because she'll need them during the performance at Greer Children's Theater. :) so cool! Lexie- she will bob her head to any beat. she'll make music just by hitting things with her hands and bobbing her head.:P
    so funny!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete