Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Chocolate Fudge

I've tried many times, and unsuccessfully I might add, to make chocolate fudge. It always turns out dry and crumbly, but not today!!!!! I just want to keep sneaking bites of this creamy fudge. The best part is I am able to make this fudge so that my kiddos with allergies can enjoy it as well.

Easy Chocolate Fudge
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix sugar and cocoa in medium saucepan.

 Sugar and cocoa ready to mix.

 Sugar/cocoa mixed

Add milk and mix. Bring mix to a boil.
 Pre-boiling state. Make sure no sugar crystals/mixture remain on the sides of the pan. Wipe down.

Once boiling DO NOT stir. Add candy thermometer and turn heat down slightly so mixture can simmer. Once candy thermometer reaches approximately 238 degrees F, remove from heat. Mine didn't get that high (maybe I'm not patient enough), but the candy thermometer itself indicates fudge to be a range of about 210-250 so I was fine with the temperature only reaching about 230 degrees. 
 Boiling

Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to about 150 degrees F. 

 Cooling down

Once cool, beat in butter and vanilla until fudge loses its sheen. (To be quite honest, I do more by feel than by look so mine didn't quite lose its sheen, but I could tell it was ready). Pour into greased pan and let cool and set. 

 Cooling and setting

Cut into squares and enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment