Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sunbutter Fudge

One of my favorite sweets is peanut butter fudge, and not just anybody's my Great Mamaw Pilkenton's. I'm sure I haven't had any of her fudge in 20 years or more, but the taste is one that can't be easily forgotten. In my quest to share my love of fudge with my children, I've tried many recipes and had many fails, but not this one. Now since there are peanut allergies I don't enjoy this fudge as much as I do true peanut butter fudge made this way, but my kiddos love it and that is what matters most.

My favorite part about this recipe.....NO candy thermometer needed!!!!


Basic Recipe:
1/2 cup butter
2 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk (we use Silk Plain Soy milk due to milk allergies)
3/4 cup Sunbutter (peanut butter if you can)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar


Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add brown sugar and milk.
Brown sugar, milk, and butter mix

Bring mix to a boil. Stir frequently and allow to boil about 2 minutes. 

Boiling mix

Remove from heat and add Sunbutter (or peanut butter) and vanilla extract. Stir until well mixed. 

 Just after Sunbutter and vanilla added.

Mix after Sunbutter is starting to melt into sugar mix.

Place the powdered sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl. To avoid some lumping, you can sift the powdered sugar into the bowl or go through it with a fork breaking up clumps before adding mix. I forgot I sometimes do that so I had a few powdered sugar clumps to work out. 

Pour Sunbutter/sugar mix over powdered sugar. 

 Just after pouring Sunbutter mix.

Mix well and spread into an 8 x 8 pan.
 Ready to set. 

Allow fudge to cool. You can place in refrigerator for a 1-2 hours. Once cool, cut into squares and enjoy! 

Ready to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment