Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blessings for my Boo

Toby Mac...Toby Mac...Toby Mac. Toby Mac is one of Bradley's favorite bands, but he also loves the music of Laura Story. Specifically he loves the song Blessings. I find this song only fitting for him...."What if your blessings come through raindrops, what if your healing comes through tears, what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you're near, what if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise."

So just for my Boo, I am stepping out of my comfort zone. It's been quite a long time (at least 12 years since I really had regular voice warm ups and weekly choir practices) since I have sung for more than just singing along to the radio or to my babies. So you are now warned that the chorus for the video below is extremely pitchy, but after a gazillion takes and a million interruptions with the phone and barking dogs, this is the version you get. Maybe I'll one day hit those notes again the way they should be...and maybe one day I won't be so fearful of an audience on a solo or even on a recording. Also there were some skips...not sure why.

So with a few random pics and a song, here you go my precious Bradley Boo.


1 comment:

  1. Brandi that was beautiful!! We will be praying for Bradley and your family now and especially on Tuesday!! May God Bless you all and keep you strong!!!

    ReplyDelete