Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Heaven

"Here's your own little piece of heaven," is what the note read. Tears came to my eyes instantly. It was a graduation gift for my college graduation.

(**intro from writing journal on 8-30-04....story never finished)

The gift was a replica of Sullivan's Island lighthouse. Words cannot begin to express the feelings I have for Sullivan's. For me that is the beach. Sure I can go to other beaches and have a good time and even feel the overwhelming peace that the ocean brings, but there's something special about Sullivan's Island. So special in fact that Mark and I got married there almost 5 years ago.





















With such a special place and an ingrained passion and need for the beach it only makes sense that our children's first beach trips are to Sullivan's.



Bradley was lucky enough to have his first trip when he was only 2 months old:









And again at 1 1/2 years old. He's now 3 and we finally made it back a few weeks ago, but no camera so no pics.



Tori's first trip just happend a few days after her first birthday (and I think she loves it...no crying from her):




Now to get the whole family down for a family pic would be nice.


Lord, you know my burdens and my heart right now. I trust in you that you will provide, you will lift us up, and you will be here no matter what. I want to thank you for making me get back to the beach this year. It has eased so much stress. As you know, even though I feel you constantly, there is something about the beach that makes your presence more known, more powerful, more intense. Thank you for creating this piece of heaven on earth. In your name I pray, Amen.


2 comments:

  1. i'm with you girl, the beach is the most amazing place and you feel so close to the Lord. I was born in Savannah and grew up on Tybee Island...and my favorite beach is St. Pete's in Florida, the waves are minimal and the water is clear, and the coolest thing I've ever seen besides the birth of a child was the thousands of people that froze and were silenced by the beauty of the setting sun over the waters... Only God can reach out and touch an entire shore line of people and silence them as they did on St. Pete's. But Sullivan's Island and the light house is so peaceful and beautiful, it has its own peace of serenity... Oh how I LOVE the beach! (And Jenna does too...she keeps asking when we will go again, and she cries whenever we leave)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.... the reason I liked the waves being minimal (because personally I love big beautiful waves)...well it's because Jenna runs into the ocean every time we go and at St. Pete's, thanks to the very small minimal waves, I don't have a heart attack as bad. St. Pete's is like the perfect place for toddlers that want to run into the water.

    ReplyDelete