Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Icing on the Cake

As I sat with my PASS camp group of third graders, we finished review early and started playing some literacy games. One student sitting beside me started playing with my hair and kinda inspecting it.

"You know, you've got some gray hair," I heard her say.

"Thanks," I said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean thanks? You don't care?" she asked in surprise.

"Nope."

Ah, the funny part is this came within hours after my previous post...the day after the doctor used the phrase "that age." LOL!!!!!

I'm not one to really think of my age other than..."Wow, I didn't realize that much time has passed." I know I'm not old and I pray I have many more years ahead of me. As a matter of fact, what is age other than a number? There are times I stop and it hits me....when did I become old enough to be a mom? a wife? a teacher? The list could go on and on.

So yes, the icing on the cake from yesterday is now I have students finding my gray hairs. Gotta love their honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment