Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Music to my Ears or Defiant Child....You choose

As we embarked on our nightly ritual (and I might add that it was about an hour later than usual since I had class), Bradley insisted that it wasn't bath time. He wanted to write.

He had found a purple marker and a piece of paper (actually, it was directions on how to sew a tablecloth). He wrote something and said, "This says: 'No more baths' mommy."
(The purple writing below Round Table...).


He then turned and walked into his room.

So of course the mommy/teacher side of me is thrilled because even though he has written stuff in the past, he has never really put it together with print conveys a message. Yes, he writes names and such, but not usually a message. And to add to that, we weren't even working on writing or anything. He just got it in himself to make him self heard through print.

Then of course there is the mommy/mommy side of me....you know, the "Don't talk back. Do what I tell you."

And for those wondering, yes, he still had to take a bath although to get him to the tub he was kicking and screaming and me with no voice so I couldn't really do much other than a loud whisper.

2 comments:

  1. Bradley is so smart! :) Yes, sometimes its hard to discipline when the crime makes you proud of them... :) I know the feeling! Jenna has done something similar in the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the picture! That's awesome! Isn't it wonderful when they start putting it all together. Go ahead and find a really big box to start putting all that stuff in! You won't want to get rid of any of it! -Sunny

    ReplyDelete