Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Sharing my Story Day 19: Strength

"Be strong in the Lord, and never give up hope."

This is just one line in a song that I have going on in my head as I write tonight. And it fits so well to follow last night about fears. We must be strong, but not on our own. We should be strong in the Lord.

Strong in faith, strong in following, strong in sharing, strong in taking that next step, strong in admitting our weaknesses.

I love this song because I picture not only the song writer writing this letter to his little girl or to a dear loved one who is struggling, but I see this as our Heavenly Father writing to us, assuring us that He's got this, we just have to keep the faith, remain strong, never give up, and to come to Him for peace. I see this as a mom with three children who I watch grow before my very eyes and I know that life has so much in store for them between the worldly problems they will face and pain they will go through and knowing that the Heavenly Father has great plans for each of my babies.

This is a song of holding on through the rough times, through the dark times when it is hard to see the light. So how do you hold on, how do you remain strong?

For me to break down this process it hard. While it varies from situation to situation, ultimately I just trust even when I can't see. For me I have no other choice but to be strong in the Lord. Not strong for myself, not strong for everyone else although that is probably the harder one to avoid, but strong in the Lord. I have to keep believing. Sometimes it is natural to do so, other times I have to tell myself to stay strong.

But this trust did not come overnight. It comes through a series of events over time. It comes from my life song, my story, my testimony. When I have been at my weakest, God has always been there and I simply trust that he will keep his promise of always continuing to be there. The parts of my story I have shared over the past 19 days are examples of when God has been working in my life and it is those times that help me to take each step forward trusting God, being strong in the Lord. So even as I wrote of my fears yesterday, I know that ultimately God has this and no matter what He will get me through it all, I just have to believe.

So I ask you. Do you believe? Do you believe that the Lord loves you so much that he gave his only son to take away your sins? Do you believe that if you just let him, he can give you the peace you so desperately seek? As you think back on your life, do you see where God has been present all along? He is there. He is asking you to let him in if you haven't already. The plan of salvation is a simple one, just like the song I referred to talks of simple truths. You don't have to live your life in fear anymore. He is there waiting for you. He loves you. He has great plans for you. Are you willing? Are you willing to accept his love? Willing to accept his plan of salvation?

The strength and peace I have is not my own. It is through God that I have this and it can be yours too.

Let us pray,
Lord, I thank you for your Son Jesus Christ whom you sent to die for our sins. I thank you for your plan of salvation. I thank you for saving me, for taking me as your child. I pray that the persons reading this will open their hearts to you Lord and will accept that you sent your Son for each of us, to take away our sins, and to wash us white as snow. Lord help them find their way to you, their way to church, their way to baptism so that they may know the love and peace I have come to know. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment