Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sharing my Story Day 27: Growing in Faith

As I listened tonight to my sweet Tori scream her head off for 10 straight minutes while she was in the bath tub. Her skin has started flaring up again and today was not good. It has been a long time since showers and baths have been painful for her, but tonight broke that streak. As her mom it is so hard to make her sit in a bath that you know is beyond painful, yet you know it is a must on the road to healing.

A few hours later I had to listen to Bradley with his own tears....his skin looks horrible again so I made him do a wet wrap and will make him do this for the next several nights. We also started back on the regimen of bleach baths at least once a week that help to keep infection lower.

These times are so draining....physically, mentally, and emotionally. However I cling to my faith.

I also can't help but thing of our Father and our Savior. When our Father sent his son to earth, He had a purpose....a reason. The reason came when Jesus took the nails for each and every one of us, when he was crucified. Even Jesus cried out to His Father, but His Father had to allow him to suffer, to endure a pain unimaginable all so that we could be saved. He had to go through the pain to get to the glory waiting on the other side.

Jesus died and took on our sins so that he may save us and so that we may have eternal life.

It is because of the pain he endured for me, that I am saved. It is also why I hold on to my faith because after the storm, there is going to be a glorious day. Whatever life is throwing your way, the storm will pass. But while you are in the middle of the storm, you can still find comfort. You don't have to go through it alone. God is right there beside you, he wants you to call on him and draw on him. He and only he can give you the comfort and peace you seek.

I know all this, not because it is in the Bible, but also because as I grow stronger in my faith with each new storm, the storm is that much more bearable. I don't carry the burdens alone or by just relying on earthly shoulders; as a matter of fact I don't even carry the burden because God is right there for me. He stills my raging soul when I have to apply painful medicines to my childrens' skin and when I have to wrap them tightly. He gives me the peace to sleep each night so that I may be ready to get through tomorrow. And he gives me the sunny days just at the right moments. And it is all through my faith in Christ Jesus and in God the Father that grows stronger every day that helps me get through.

You can know this peace and comfort too once you find your way back to the Father if you have wandered away. You can also know this peace and comfort once you accept Jesus as your risen Savior, admit that you know he died for your sins because you are a sinner and you want to be forgiven. So open up your heart and let Him in, he's there knocking, open the door.

Let us pray
Lord, I will never quite understand why my kids must endure what they do, but I know that you want me to keep my faith and I will. I will continue to grow stronger in my faith and grow closer to you. Please help me with each step I take. Thank you for never leaving my side. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment